These group environments are where individuals can explore the Christian faith intentionally. Participants walk through an intentional series of modules designed to help them gain a foundational knowledge of Jesus and the Bible so they can practice their faith on a firm foundation.
Following Jesus means believing certain things about God, ourselves, and the world, knowing what God says to us through the Bible, and living for Jesus in all areas of our life. That’s why we’ve organized our Discovery Groups around these three ideas: Believe. Know. Live.
BELIEVE: (14 weeks)
- Starting Point –– the starting point to the Christian faith is all about Jesus (8 weeks)
- Five Things –– the five things God uses to grow our faith (6 weeks)
KNOW: (8 weeks)
- 40 Days in the Word - After hearing an overview of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation participants will take part in a 40 day experience of how to read, understand, and apply God’s word to their life (8 weeks).
LIVE: (Coming Fall 2018)
Starting Point is an eight-session small group conversation about faith. Whether you’re new to faith, curious about God, or coming back to church after some time away, it’s a place where your opinions and beliefs are valued, and no question is off limits.
Please note that PRIOR to the first meeting participants will need to pick up a conversation guide at the Next Step Center. The cost is $10.
At the end of the eight sessions, an optional six-session follow-up, Five Things, will be offered.
Three Starting Point Groups are available starting in January.
- Sunday mornings during the 9 AM and 11 AM services (coed, children’s ministry available) beginning January 28. Registration closes January 21.
- Wednesday mornings from 9 until 11 AM (women, childcare available) beginning February 7. Registration closes January 31.
UPDATE: Registration for the 9 AM Sunday morning group is filled.
Click Here to register for the 11 AM Sunday morning group.
Click Here to register for the 9:00-11:00 AM Wednesday morning group.
Email Bryan Bicket with questions.
Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 PM, January 30 - March 20
Facilitator: Bryan Bicket
Registration Closed for Winter 2018.
40 Days in the Word is the second module of our Discovery Groups pathway. During this Discovery Group, participants will learn about the one, unified story of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, be introduced to how to read the bible, and then put into practice different methods of reading, understanding, and applying God’s word to their daily lives.