Serve Local makes serving in the community simple for attendees of Immanuel. To serve, we move beyond our building into the community to care for our neighbors in need. Ready to get started? Great!
Anyone and everyone can serve! We’d love to help you take your next step toward serving within our community, whether you’re serving with your community group, your family, or individually.
For Community Groups at Immanuel, Serve Local offers a number of service opportunities. To learn more or to register for a project, please visit our project list or contact us.
INDIVIDUALS OR FAMILIES
For individuals or families looking to serve in one-time or ongoing opportunities, please contact us.
Love INC of Lake County mobilizes local churches to transform lives and communities In the Name of Christ. Part of Love INC National, Love INC's network of volunteers from churches are helping disadvantaged individuals to rebuild their lives and create new relationships all in the Name of Christ. To volunteer, donate or learn more about Love INC, go to www.loveinclakecounty.org.
- Donate coats
- Donate funds to be used to buy coats (through Operation Warm)
- Volunteer to help at a Love INC Coat Distribution event
- Donate WalMart gift cards (any amount) or funds to be used to buy WalMart gift cards to be shared with our neighbors to enable them to purchase Christmas gifts for their children/family.
- Volunteer to accompany a "neighbor" as they shop for their family (Build relationships and share Christmas joy!)
- Volunteer to "hang" with the kids as parents go out shopping. Help with crafts, games, music, etc...
LOVE INC KEY MINISTRY NEEDS
Opportunities are endless - how has God wired you to serve?
Behind the scenes Office
• Call to follow up on neighbor’s needs
• Join the Dinner/Auction planning team
• Gather items for the silent auction
Ministry of “Stuff”
• Pots & pans (2 or 3 qt pot, 10”-12” skillet)
• New pillows
• Delivery household starter kits
• Join a furniture team
Monday evenings in Zion
• Mentor a neighbor
• Female volunteers needed to partner with our female students
• Manage incentives
• Keep track of paper goods inventory & order as needed
• Prepare weekly gifts for the students
Loved Twice Thrift Boutique
• Sales minister shifts
• Setting up displays
Contact [email protected] to get connected.
PADS Lake County is a community-based organization that provides trauma-informed support, resources, and shelter to individuals and families experiencing a housing crisis. We envision a community in which homelessness is rare, brief, and non-recurring; one in which anyone who may experience a housing crisis has timely access to the proper resources and services based on their individual needs.
We help individuals and families reach their full potential by providing a comprehensive approach to reducing homelessness. Our holistic services seek to help our neighbors create sturdy foundations in stable homes so that they can build brighter futures for themselves and contribute to our community.
Find out more HERE.
10 TO END
Housing First is a concept that puts formerly chronic homeless people directly into housing. It's had tremendous success in Lake County, and housed over 100 people. Nationwide, over 319,000 have thrived through permanent supportive housing!
You can help END Lake County chronic homelessness with $10 a month. Donate HERE.